The Houston-Galveston Area Council Board of Directors voted 22-1, with Jerry Davis opposed, to authorize regional workforce contracts for 2017.
H-GAC began the solicitation of contracts for the regional workforce system in 2013. This is the fourth and final year of the procurement cycle for regional workforce contracts. The proposed contract totaled $201,518,414 in value. Item Summary
The board voted unanimously to accept the FY16 H-GAC 604(b) Water Quality Management Plan Update.
The board voted unanimously to approve a contract with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to conduct regional water quality planning activities.
The board voted unanimously to enter into a Local Project Advance Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for funding of the Clean Air Action Program.
The board voted unanimously to approve appointments to six H-GAC advisory committees:
- B.J. Simon was appointed to the Area Emission Reduction Credit Organization and the Gulf Coast Economic District
- Sarah Cerrone, Missy Malechek and Carolyn Gibson were appointed to the Houston-Galveston Area Local Development Corporation
- Brian Butler, Adrian Shelley and Ilana Harris were appointed to the Regional Air Quality Planning Advisory Committee
- Rex Tunze was appointed to the Regional Flood Management Council
- Eddie Gallaway was appointed to the Solid Waste Management Council
All other agenda items were approved unanimously. Attendance Agenda
To listen to the meeting in its entirety, Click Here (27:56)