Active adults are invited to enroll in the Lone Star College Academy for Lifelong Learning
HOUSTON – Active adults age 50-plus are encouraged to attend open house events for the Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) at Lone Star College to continue their journey of learning.
The first open house event will be held Jan. 7 and events continue throughout the month of January.
“The ALL classes were a perfect place to meet new friends in my age range and enrich my mind at the same time,” said Joyce Heineman, ALL student. “The variety of topics offered is extensive and classes are held in a casual atmosphere.”
Active adults will find more than 600 ALL classes covering a wide-range of subjects including arts and crafts, gardening skills, photography techniques, health and wellness, technology, genealogy, Tai Chi, Yoga, literary discussion groups, history, and many, many more.
“It was inexpensive, convenient and the classes were taught by subject matter experts in state-of-the-art classrooms,” said Ken Kral, ALL student. “I learned something new every time I was on campus. This is a fine group of people to be around with various life experiences that they are willing to share.”
The open house events allow visitors to check out classes being offered and ask questions of staff members who will be on hand.
Upcoming open house dates are:
· Jan. 7 (Saturday), 11 a.m.-1 p.m., LSC-Montgomery, Building B-150 Atrium, 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe. Call 936-273-7446 for more information.
· Jan. 10 (Tuesday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-University Park, EMI building lobby, 11521 Compaq Center West Drive, Houston. Call 281-290-5010 for more information.
· Jan. 10 (Tuesday), 2-4 p.m., LSC-Atascocita Center, 15903 West Lake Houston Parkway, Houston. Call 281-312-1750 for more information.
· Jan. 12 (Thursday), 1-3 p.m., LSC-North Harris, Community Education Building, 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive, Houston. Call 281-765-7947 for more information.
· Jan. 13 (Friday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-Tomball/LSC-Creekside Center, Beckendorf Conference Center, 30555 Tomball Parkway, Tomball. Call 281-401-1868 for more information.
· Jan. 13 (Friday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-CyFair, Conference Center, CENT 151, 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress. Call 281-290-3460 for more information.
· Jan. 19 (Thursday), 1-3 p.m., LSC-Victory Center, 4141 Victory Drive, Houston. Call 281-765-7947 for more information.
· Jan. 24 (Tuesday), 1-3 p.m., LSC-Kingwood, EMCID Center (off-site), 21575 Highway 59N, New Caney. Call 281-312-1750 for more information.
A small annual membership fee of $20 ($35 at LSC-Montgomery) includes all of the free classes a person wants to take at his or her home campus. A global membership, which includes all six campuses, is also available for only $55 and makes a great holiday gift.
“It’s the best $20 I spend in my annual budget! I am considering the multi-campus Global Membership,” said Heineman.
Interested adults can visit LoneStar.edu/ALL to learn more and view the online ALL schedule of classes.
Known for its leadership, innovation and steadfast commitment to student success, Lone Star College provides high-quality academic transfer and workforce education / career training programs to more than 83,000 credit students each semester, and a total enrollment of 95,000 students. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to promote student success and economic prosperity. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., is the chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online. To learn more visitLoneStar.edu.
In the photo: Active adults will find more than 600 classes covering a wide-range of subjects at the Academy for Lifelong Learning at Lone Star College.