The Board of Trustees of the Galveston Wharves today voted unanimously to accept the Galveston Wharves and Galveston Port Facilities Corporation 2016 Financial Audit, Federal Single Audit, and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
The audit, conducted together by Whitney Penn, P.C., contains an unqualified opinion and financial statements that show a positive change in net position of $3,648,055 and total net position of $133,858,270. Item Summary
The wharves board voted unanimously to approve the Galveston Wharves Investment Policy following annual review as required by the Public Funds Investment Act.
The wharves board discussed pension and savings plans for Port of Galveston employees, but no action was taken.
An item regarding the hiring of an executive search firm for a new port director was tabled. The item was discussed in closed session.
The wharves board administered service awards to the following individuals:
- 35 years – Oscar Rodriguez
- 20 years – Ernest D. Perkins
- 15 years –Victor M. Hernandez, Kenneth W. Keleman, Susan L. Klima, Rosella Mendoza, Brett Milutin, and Angelina Martinez
- 10 years – Derek Carpenter and Kristi Taylor
- 5 years – Christopher Carinci, Jodie J. Herrera, Fabian Irish, and William B. Martinez
All other agenda items were approved unanimously with all members present. Agenda
A presentation on the agenda to be given by Dr. Bill Merrell and Colonel Christopher Sallese regarding a ring levee system for Galveston was not held, and tabled until the next meeting of the board.