Skip Navigation Links
Front Page
About GNSExpand About GNS
Business/Industry
CommunitiesExpand Communities
EducationExpand Education
Entertainment
Links Directory
Maritime
Medicine & Science
Opinion/ForumExpand Opinion/Forum
Public Safety
Transportation
Weather


Jefferson County
Jefferson County Commissioners Court
by Garrett Bryce
Monday, April 23, 2018

Jefferson County Commissioners Court today voted unanimously to approve an annual agreement with Motorola Services for the countywide 800 MHz radio system, in the amount of $286,000.

A federal port security grant, awarded to the City of Beaumont, will provide 75 percent of the cost, while local entities in Jefferson, Hardin and Orange counties will pay the remaining 25 percent local share.

The commissioners court voted unanimously to reject all bids for various heavy equipment items for Jefferson County Precinct No. 3 to replace unrepairable equipment damaged by Hurricane Harvey.

The items included a Mustang CAT Model 120 M2 Motor Grader, a BOMAG Model PneumaticRoller, a BOMAG Model Vibratory Tandem Roller, a BOMAG Model Single Drum Padfoot Roller, and a John Deere Utility Tractor OOS.

The commissioners court tabled action regarding the award of a $39,463 contract to SETEX Construction Corp. for repairs to Annex 1 due to water damage.

The commissioners court tabled action regarding a budget amendment to transfer $39,464 from contingency funds to pay for repairs to offices due to water damage.

The commissioners court voted unanimously to adopt a proclamation declaring May as Older Americans Month in Jefferson County. Proclamation

The commissioners court voted unanimously to adopt a proclamation declaring April 28 as Relay for Life Day. Proclamation

All other items were approved by unanimous vote. County Judge Jeff Branick and Commissioner Everette “Bo” Alfred were absent. Agenda

During the meeting, Stephanie Monk, with the county’s District Attorney’s Office, was presented the 2017 Employee Excellence Award.




USO-Houston
Remembering Jim Guidry


Guidry News Service is headquartered in Midtown Houston.
at 4001 Fannin Street, Suite 4109, Houston, TX. 77004-4077
(409) 763 NEWS(6397)         News@GuidryNews.com
© 1996, Guidry News Service. Duplication of any part of this website in any manner is prohibited.