Skip Navigation Links
Front Page
About GNSExpand About GNS
Business/Industry
CommunitiesExpand Communities
EducationExpand Education
Entertainment
Links Directory
Maritime
Medicine & Science
Opinion/ForumExpand Opinion/Forum
Public Safety
Transportation
Weather


Jefferson County
Jefferson County Commissioners Court
by Garrett Bryce
Monday, August 13, 2018

Jefferson County Commissioners Court today voted unanimously to call an election for November 6 for a proposition to create Jefferson County Assistance District No. 4 and the imposition of a sales and use tax within the newly-created district.

The commissioners court voted to approve a contract extension with Adjusters International for FEMA grant management and Insurance advisory services. The contract will be extended for an additional 60 days.

The commissioners court voted to approve an annual agreement with Motorola for the countywide 800 MHz radio system in the amount of $572,000.

The county will utilize port security grant funds to pay for 75 percent of the costs of the agreement, with the remaining 25 percent of the local costs to be shared by all local entities in Jefferson, Hardin and Orange counties.

The commissioners court voted to approve an office lease agreement with Direct Travel Inc. for office space in the Jerry Ware General Aviation Terminal.

Direct Travel is leasing 122 square feet of office space at a rate of $1,728 per year, or $144 per month.

The commissioners court voted to adopt a resolution naming the public boat ramp at Keith Lake as Ed Holder’s “Great Outdoors” Boat Ramp. Resolution

All items were approved. All votes were unanimous with all members present. Agenda





USO-Houston
Remembering Jim Guidry


Guidry News Service is headquartered in Midtown Houston.
at 4001 Fannin Street, Suite 4109, Houston, TX. 77004-4077
(409) 763 NEWS(6397)         News@GuidryNews.com
© 1996, Guidry News Service. Duplication of any part of this website in any manner is prohibited.